Nikwax TechWash® is a highly effective cleaner of technical outerwear and equipment. Additionally, it will revitalise existing Durable Water Repellency (DWR) and revive breathability. Your outerwear clothing and equipment could be soaking up water because the DWR has been compromised by dirt, or because it has been cleaned with conventional laundry detergent.
Dirt attracts water and conventional laundry detergents leave behind a water attractive (hydrophilic) residue which masks the DWR, causing fabrics to absorb water and ‘wet out’ in damp or wet conditions. Therefore, they need to be avoided when cleaning DWR treated clothing and equipment.
If your outerwear clothing or equipment is relatively new, or recently treated with a Nikwax waterproofer, then cleaning with Nikwax TechWash® will not only remove contaminants, such as dirt and residues left behind by household detergents but also revitalise DWR.
300ml bottle capacity.
How to use
Use undiluted TechWash® and a sponge, or soft nylon brush, to treat stubborn stains before washing. Remove all non-washable parts. Shake well before use. Follow care label instructions. Do not use detergents.
Top Loading washing machine:
- Place a maximum of 6 garments in a washing machine.
- After the machine has filled add 150ml for 1-3 garments or 250ml for 4-6 garments. Add additional 50ml for hard water* areas.
- Set cycle to Heavy and Warm. For 1-3 garments set: low water level. For 4-6 garments set: medium water level.
Front loading washing machine:
- Remove all detergents from the detergent dispenser.
- Place a maximum of 2 garments in the washing machine.
- Add 100ml of TechWash®. Add additional 50ml for hard water* areas.
- Set cycle to Synthetics and Warm (30ºC)
Washing by hand:
- Immerse item(s) in 6 litres hand-hot water in sink or bowl.
- Use 50ml per item in soft water areas. Add an additional 50ml per garment in hard water* areas.
- Agitate to mix.
- Rinse 3 times in clean water.
*If you have calcium or mineral deposits in your washing machine you have hard water.